Miyerkules, Setyembre 28, 2011

Ibos


            While we were on the market I passed by an ibos vendor so I bought some. Ibos was one of kakanin that never fading. You can eat it with sugar but can eat also without it. I didn’t experience cooking ibos or making one but I know what the ingredients are.

Ingredients:

            Malagkit rice (glutinous rice)
            Salt
            Thick coconut milk
            Buli leaves (for wrapping the suman)

            Making ibos is simple all you have to do is wash the rice and soak it with water until it swells. Then mix that to your coconut milk and salt. After that you can now wrap it in prepared buli leaves (but I think that’s the hardest part). After wrapping, put it in your cooking pot/casserole fill with water and put again another coconut milk. Let it boil until the suman is cooked. Serve it with sugar.

            Here are some suggestions from a friend of mine: you can eat it with ripe mangoes or with condense milk. But didn’t I try it yet but maybe next time if I buy again. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento