Biyernes, Setyembre 30, 2011

Sinagol

            There are no wild animals in the kitchen.

            Shark is the main ingredients of this dish but there are also some alternatives if it is not available like tambakol or the small tuna, galunggong, tanguigue or blue.

            Sinagol was the dish I cooked today. Whenever I eat this I feel like I’m home—in Masbate. It was the dish I learned from my grandmother. I tell you it’s delicious and healthy as well. 

Ingredients:

Shark meat (shredded)
Ginger
Malunggay leaves
Sangid
Salt
Chili pepper

            You must boil first the shark or ray in water for about 5 minutes. Then peel off the scales and shred the meat. Set aside. Now, boil your coconut milk, add some ginger, onions, stirring constantly. Add the shark/ray and some vinegar. Then when the fish is cooked, add chopped chili pepper and sangid cook a minute or two more before adding the malunggay leaves.

            If in Masbate we called this dish a Sinagol, here in Legazpi they called it pasa-pasa or kinunot na pating. Different names but the same taste. Try Sinagol for it is a delicious and healthy dish. Tunay na maipagmamalaki ng mga Bikolano.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento